The system delivers precise cut quality, higher reliability and lower operating costs
Burny Kaliburn, a Lincoln Electric Company, launches the new Spirit® II, a family of plasma cutting and marking systems.
(click photo for high-res image)
– The new Spirit®
II Series plasma system from Burny Kaliburn
, a Lincoln Electric
company, features FineLine™ high definition plasma cutting technology that delivers excellent cut quality over the entire consumable life at lower costs. The system does this by achieving the least part taper over the life of an electrode. When paired with Burny Kaliburn’s proprietary UltraSharp™ Hole technology, the system also delivers exceptional hole quality.
This family of Spirit II plasma cutting and marking systems
features three amperage options: The 150-amp Spirit II 150
has the ability to pierce most metals up to 1 inch (25 millimeters) thick, with a maximum capacity of 1.5 inches (38 millimeters). The 275-amp Spirit II 275
can pierce most metals up to 1.25 inches (32 millimeters) thick and has a maximum capacity of 2.5 inches (65 millimeters). The 400-amp Spirit II 400
is able to pierce most metals up to 2 inches (50 millimeters) thick, with a maximum capacity of 3 inches (75 millimeters).
All Spirit II models deliver precise, square, dross-free cuts with 2° or less cut-edge bevel, using up to 78 percent less plasma gas than the competition. Operating costs are also controlled by using the same consumables to cut and mark. All provide these additional features and benefits:
- Impulse Start Technology™ to eliminate high frequency starting.
- Fully automated or manual process control.
- Plasma controller delivers automatic controlled process variables through user-friendly, touch-screen display HMI.
- Automatic setting of process parameters to provide ease of operation.
- Advanced torch technology for a stable plasma column and optimized plasma gas flow.
- Self-diagnostics that tracks pierces, pierce errors and types of errors for the last six electrodes.
- Hafnium Optimizing Technology (HƒOT™) that significantly increases electrode life.
- Extended shield cap life through the use of very low transferred arc current sensing for higher starting height.
- Optimized nozzle design for dominant convective heat transfer that results in longer nozzle life.
- Separate gas control for plasma cutting and marking through a CNC output, serial link or manual selection.
is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 45 manufacturing locations, including operations and joint ventures in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company's website
Attn: Magazine Staff — Please send prospect lead inquiries only to Lincoln Electric c/o Ultimate Lead Systems, Inc., P.O. 739 Berea, OH 44017 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #