Lincoln to Showcase Innovative VRTEX™ 360 Virtual Reality Arc Welder and Other Welding Technology at ConExpo-Con/AGG 2011
The VRTEX 360 is an educational training tool designed to accelerate welding training through the utilization of virtual reality.
- SMAW (stick), GMAW (MIG) and FCAW (flux-cored) welding processes
- Multiple weld joint configurations and welding positions
- A variety of welding environments
It offers a combination of realistic puddle simulation and arc welding sound tied to a welder’s movements, providing a realistic, hands-on training experience. The system assists in training skilled welders faster with lower training costs. It also allows shops to easily integrate high-tech training tools into their in-house curriculum and serves as an excellent way to recruit new welders.
Show visitors will get the chance to try their hand at virtual welding in simulated environments without even leaving the booth – or putting on safety equipment, thanks to the VRTEX. All who participate will receive a Lincoln Electric hat for their efforts. The highest score daily will win a free Lincoln Electric VIKING™ auto-darkening welding helmet
Visitors who stop by the booth can enter to win a pair of Lincoln’s new Red Line
safety glasses and can learn about other exciting Lincoln Electric products, including the following:
- Red Line™ Welding Apparel – Lincoln Electric’s new line of welding apparel features a full offering of personal protection jackets, gloves, caps and safety glasses.
- SAE 300® - Combines a rugged design with traditional pure DC generator technology for excellent welding performance in pipe, construction and maintenance applications.
- Ranger® 305 LPG – A powerful engine-driven welder that allows users to seamlessly switch between multiple processes, providing excellent DC multi-process welding for general purpose stick, downhill pipe (stick), Touch Start TIG®, cored-wire, MIG (CO2 and mixed gases) and arc gouging.
- Outback®185 Engine-Driven Welder – A unit specifically designed for portability, it is the ultimate DC stick welder and AC power generator and is ideal for service truck operators, maintenance crews, farmers, ranchers and contractors.
- POWER MIG® 255XT – A spool gun-ready welder that’s one of the most easily expandable wire feeder/welders in its class. It is ideal for welding mild steel, stainless steel or aluminum in light industrial fabrication, maintenance and repair applications.
- POWER MIG® 180C – A portable wire welder designed for use with industrial 230 volt input power, so you can weld on thicker material - up to 3/16" with MIG welding and 1/2" with self-shielded flux-cored welding.
- Vantage® 300 Welder-Generator –Gives construction teams, pipe rig owners and rental fleet managers a choice between two engines: the Deutz® D2008L4 four-cylinder water-cooled diesel engine or a Kubota® four-cylinder 1800 RPM diesel engine. The unit is designed to deliver strong multi-process welding capability and simple operation. Operators can select one of four process modes – CC-Stick, Downhill Pipe for stick, Touch-Start TIG or CV-Wire.
- Power Wave® S350 with STT® Module – A portable, multi-process machine, specifically designed for welding on a wide variety of materials and applications, especially where arc performance is critical. This power source, paired with a Power Feed™ series wire feeder, is ideal for construction, aerospace, fabrication, automotive, production and training. The unit features an STT® (Surface Tension Transfer®) module, which adds STT process capability to any compatible Power Wave power source to gain outstanding puddle control for critical sheet metal or pipe root pass welding applications.
- LN-25 PRO Wire Feeder – Designed to be simple, reliable and easy to service, these wire feeders are ideal for field construction, fabrication, shipyards and rental companies. All models include a gas solenoid and flow meter to run both flux-cored and MIG wires.
Consumables on display will include Excalibur®, UltraCore® and Innershield® products.
For more information regarding the Lincoln VRTEX 360 Virtual Arc Welding Trainer or other Lincoln welding products showcased at ConExpo-Con/AGG 2011, visit Lincoln Electric’s Booth S-9911 or www.lincolnelectric.com
The Lincoln Electric Company
, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market.