Lincoln Electric’s Cruiser® Tractor for Submerged Arc Welding Construction Applications
(click photo for high-res image)
– Lincoln Electric’s
self-propelled modular Cruiser® Tractor
brings increased mobility and operator-friendly features to longitudinal submerged arc welding applications common in bridge and barge decking, large tank fabrication and shipbuilding.
When used with the Power Wave® AC/DC 1000® SD power source, the Cruiser® travel carriage can deliver deposition rates of up to 60 lbs. per hour for butt and fillet joints on lengthy plate welding applications.
The Cruiser® is rated for 1000 amps @100% duty cycle. Depending on gear ratio used, the feeder can handle 1/16 – 7/32 in. (1.6 – 5.6 mm) submerged arc wire diameters at travel speeds ranging from 10 to 100 ipm (0.25 – 2.5 m/min).
Features contributing to the reliable operation of the Cruiser® Tractor include:
- Sturdy welded base frame
- Substantial steel mast that stands up to daily construction site use
- Heavy-duty, ceramic-coated adjustment rails
- Simple cast wheels
- Robust tube-and-clamp design
- Adjustable extended length outriggers
Additional Cruiser® features include:
- Advanced control pendant that can be used to save procedures and apply limits and lockouts for any or all controls
- Common expendable parts shared with the MAXsa® submerged arc wire drives
- Multiple configuration capabilities, including use of three or four wheels for on or off the track
is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 45 manufacturing locations, including operations and joint ventures in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company’s website.
Attn: Magazine Staff — Please send prospect lead inquiries only to Lincoln Electric c/o Ultimate Lead Systems, Inc., P.O. 739 Berea, OH 44017 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #