Lincoln Electric introduces a mobile application designed to provide common weld settings for SMAW, GMAW/FCAW and GTAW processes.
(click photo for high-res image)
– Lincoln Electric
introduces a mobile application designed to provide common weld settings for SMAW, GMAW/FCAW and GTAW processes. Lincoln Electric’s Weld Parameter Guide mobile application
is available for Apple®
iOS devices and Android™-enabled devices.
Welders can use the app to find the correct welding parameters for their projects, welding process, material and thickness. Designed for welders in the shop or in the field, the Lincoln Electric Weld Parameter Guide provides convenient access to information that will help them set up their weld operations on the go, with no Internet or Wi-Fi connection required.
The App’s key features include:
- Easy-to-use graphical interface, featuring icon-based menus.
- Dynamic, “smart” look-up tables – As the user enters data, each additional parameter range is narrowed based on the valid options remaining.
- U.S. and metric settings option.
- Typical machine settings for SMAW, GMAW/FCAW and GTAW welding processes.
- Steel and stainless steel material machines settings for SMAW.
- Aluminum, steel and stainless steel material machine settings for GMAW/FCAW and GTAW.
- Integrated Data – No need for Wi-Fi/Internet access. Great for remote locations where cell phone/Internet service is limited.
- Notes section that allows the user to add additional weld set-up information.
"We have been working hard to launch products and support materials targeted toward a more technology-enabled customer base,” said Tom Matthews, senior vice president, technology and R&D. “Mobile-ready tools like this Weld Parameter Guide are designed to make our customers more productive – when and where they need it most.”
The Weld Parameter Guide is available at no cost to smartphone and tablet users through the Apple iTunes® App Store and the Google Play Store™. The app is compatible with Apple iOS devices (Apple iOS Version 6 and newer) and Android™-enabled devices (Android™ Version 2.2 and newer).
is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln Electric has 48 manufacturing locations, including operations and joint ventures in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the company's website at http://www.lincolnelectric.com