Cleveland – Lincoln Electric
has launched its first full line of stylish, protective eyewear for indoor and outdoor fabrication tasks. The glasses
are part of Lincoln Electric’s new personal protection clothing line, Red Line™ Welding Apparel
, designed to offer the ideal gear for every welding or cutting application.
The group includes eight styles specifically recommended for indoor or outdoor wear. All Red Line eyewear meets the ANSI Z87.1+ and CSA Z94.3 standards and offers 99.9-percent UV-A, UV-B and UV-C protection.
“Safety is always a primary consideration for any welder, whether they weld for a living or do it as a hobbyist. This includes eye protection,” says Jamy Bulan, Lincoln Electric Commercial Products product manager. “But, who says professional protection gear has to look overly functional or rigid. Our new designs were inspired by the latest styles in consumer sunglasses.”
Options for outdoor use include:
- Finish Line™ Outdoor Safety Glasses – Stylish, lightweight half-frame design offers durable eye safety protection. A red mirror lens provides protection from the sun. The frames include a flexible nosepiece and two-color temple tips.
- Lincoln Starlite® Outdoor Safety Glasses – Lightweight, compact and frameless, these glasses provide a wide field of vision and are easy to wear. A silver mirror coating offers sun protection. These glasses are UL listed in the United States and Canada.
- I-Beam™ Red Outdoor Safety Glasses – Full, red wraparound outdoor frames with a silver mirror lens resemble stylish sunglasses and offer both sun and work safety protection. The sturdy, four-sided frame weighs only one ounce, yet provides durable impact protection. Other features include a flexible nosepiece and temple tips for added comfort.
- I-Beam™ Black Outdoor Safety Glasses – Resembling stylish sunglasses, these full-frame, black wraparound outdoor glasses with a red mirror lens offer durable work safety protection. Weighing just one ounce, the sturdy, four-sided frame also features flexible nosepieces and temple tips for added comfort.
Offerings for indoor shop environments include the following styles:
- Finish Line™ Clear Safety Glasses – A stylish, lightweight half frame design provides durable indoor eye safety protection. The frame includes a flexible nosepiece and two-color temple tips. Additionally, a special anti-fog coating has been added to the lens to reduce fogging
- Lincoln Cover2® Safety Glasses – Designed to be worn over prescription glasses to protect eyes and eyewear – a must on any shop floor – these lightweight indoor frames feature ratcheting, adjustable-length temples and an integrated brow guard. Side shields offer added impact protection.
- Lincoln Starlite® IR 5 Safety Glasses – Formulated with shade 5 infra-red protection, these glasses are intended to be worn in grinding and cutting applications. The unitary frameless lens styling offers a wide field of vision, making the glasses easy to wear.
- Lincoln Starlite® Clear Safety Glasses – Sleek and compact, these indoor safety glasses are extremely lightweight and durable. These easy-to-wear frameless glasses feature a unitary clear lens style for a wide field of vision. A special coating has been added to the lens to reduce fogging. These glasses are UL listed in the United States and Canada.
In addition to this newly introduced line of safety glasses, Lincoln’s Red Line Welding Apparel product group also includes gloves, jackets and caps. Red Line personal protection apparel is designed to work in tandem with the comprehensive line of Lincoln Electric VIKING™ auto-darkening welding helmets.
For more information on Lincoln Electric’s new line of safety glasses, the entire Red Line Welding Apparel product group and VIKING
Welding Helmets, call (888) 355-3213 or visit www.lincolnelectric.com
to obtain bulletin E12.250
The Lincoln Electric Company, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market.
Attn: Magazine Staff – Please send prospect lead inquiries only to Lincoln Electric c/o Ultimate Lead Systems, Inc., P.O. Box 739, Berea, OH 44017.
Pkg. # 592