Lincoln Electric Shares Welding Expertise via Presentations at FABTECH 2014
Cleveland – FABTECH 2014’s educational sessions will feature experts from Lincoln Electric discussing timely topics across the field of welding. This year’s show takes place Nov. 11-13, at Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center, with Lincoln Electric’s products and technology on display at booths C2022 and C2044.
At FABTECH, Lincoln Electric speakers will participate in the American Welding Society (AWS) Professional Program and Educational Sessions, with presentations including the following:
- The Effect of Precipitate Evolution on Toughness of 2.25Cr-1Mo Steel Submerged Arc Welds, by Badri Narayanan, materials research group manager, Shenjia Zhang, development engineer, and Teresa Melfi, R & D group leader- flux, along with Soumya Moham and John Lippold of The Ohio State University, on Monday, Nov. 10, at 3 p.m.
- Matching the Base Materials and the Weld, by Tom Myers, senior applications engineer, as part of the “So You’re the New Welding Engineer” conference, on Tuesday, Nov. 11, at 11 a.m.
- Solutions for Welding Over Zinc Coated Steels, by Badri Narayanan, materials research group manager, Judah Henry, development engineer, and Yen-Chih Liao, consumables development engineer, on Wednesday, Nov. 12, at 10:30 a.m.
- Waveforms in Arc Welding of Aluminum Alloys, Part II, by Jian Zhang, weld tech center and applications manager at Indalco (a Lincoln Electric company), and Murat Acar, metallurgical engineer at Indalco, on Wednesday, Nov. 12, at 4 p.m.
- Optimizing Laser Hot Wire Process for Nickel Alloy Overlays, by Shenjia Zhang, development engineer, Paul Denney, laser applications engineer, and Badri K. Narayanan, materials research group manager, on Thursday, Nov. 13, at 9 a.m.
- New Developments in Laser Hot Wire Additive Manufacture, by Paul Denney, laser applications engineer, on Thursday, Nov. 13, at 1:15 p.m.
In addition, on Tuesday, Nov. 11, at 1:10 p.m., Lincoln Electric will be presenting on its company and career opportunities as part of a program offered by AWS and the National Center for Welding Education & Training.
To register for any of these sessions as part of FABTECH conference attendance, visit the FABTECH registration portal.
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 48 manufacturing locations, including operations and joint ventures in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit www.lincolnelectric.com.