Lincoln Electric Introduces Full Portfolio of Welding Fume Extraction Solutions
Cleveland – Lincoln Electric Automation has introduced a portfolio of welding fume extraction solutions that range from small, portable and mobile units to stationary units as well as general filtration systems, downdraft tables, extraction hoods, fume extraction guns and systems for large manufacturing plants.
Specific products in this line of welding fume extraction solutions include the following:
Portable and Mobile Units
- The Miniflex® is a portable high-vacuum system specifically designed for the removal and filtration of welding fume. Its small size enables use in locations that may not be accessible with larger welding fume extractors.
- Lincoln Electric’s X-Tractor® 1GC is a portable high-vacuum extraction system designed for the removal and filtration of welding fume. The 1GC is a great choice for fume removal on light duty welding applications typically found in small shops or companies with only a few welding stations. It is small and lightweight enough to be easily carried to the welding source.
- The Mobiflex® 100-NF is a portable welding fume extraction unit. It’s ideal for field construction sites, repair and maintenance operations and shop welding applications where removing welding fume from the source is needed without filtration.
- The Mobiflex® 200-M and 400-MS are mobile low-vacuum systems designed for welding fume extraction and filtration. Both units are ideal for smaller manufacturing facilities that require light-to-medium-duty welding fume extraction in various locations.
- The Statiflex® 200-M and 400-MS are stationary wall-mounted, low-vacuum systems designed for light-to-medium duty extraction and filtration of welding fume. These units are ideal for facilities with fixed location work stations and little available floor space.
- Extraction Arms come equipped with 360° rotatable hoods for optimal positioning to the welding point. With the hood positioned six to12 inches from the welding source, the welding location remains clearly visible while fumes are extracted. Correct positioning of the hood allows for effective source extraction and removal of the welding fume from the operator’s breathing zone.
- Lincoln Electric’s X-Tractor® 3A, 5A and 8A units are designed for the removal and filtration of welding fume. These high-vacuum systems are engineered to provide suction for multiple nozzles and fume guns and feature an integrated automatic self-cleaning filter system. They are ideally suited for continuous use in heavy duty welding applications.
- Lincoln Electric’s Push/Pull Systems are custom designed to extract and filter the warm particulate-laden air that rises and collects in a manufacturing facility before it cools and re-enters the work zone. The system pulls the layer of particulate in a controlled direction into an extraction duct which leads to a filtration unit. After passing through the unit, the filtered air is re-circulated and used to push the layer of particulate toward the extraction duct.
- Central Systems remove welding fume at the point of welding and transport the fume through ductwork to a central location for filtration. These systems can be configured for low or high vacuum extraction and are ideal for schools, fabrication shops and manufacturing and production facilities.
- Lincoln Electric’s line of DownFlex™ tables, including the 200-M, 400-MS/A and 100-NF, are dual-purpose workbench and extraction units. These tables are designed for the removal of welding fume and dust extraction from welding, light duty plasma cutting and metal grinding application.
- The Modular Extraction Hood is engineered to contain and extract welding, cutting, arc gouging and grinding fume from the work environment. Its innovative design brings a reliable and practical solution to the market. These units are ideal for robotic, hard automation and manual applications.
- Robotic Extraction Hoods are the ideal solution for welding fume extraction on robotic cells. These extraction hoods are lightweight and there’s a model for each of Lincoln Electric pre-engineered cells or one can be customized to fit an existing cell.
Fume Extraction Guns
- The X-Tractor® fume extraction guns are designed for MIG, metal-cored and gas-shielded flux-cored welding applications. Select the 250FG model for lower amperage welding applications, the 340FG model for mid-range applications and the 500FG water-cooled model for higher amperage welding applications.
- Magnum® PRO 350XA and 550XA fume extraction guns are designed to stand up to high productivity fabrication and production environments. Both models deliver superior fume extraction performance in severe GMAW (MIG) and FCAW-GS applications.
The operation of welding fume control equipment is affected by various factors including proper use and positioning of the equipment, maintenance of the equipment and the specific welding procedure and application involved. Worker exposure level should be checked upon installation and periodically thereafter to be certain it is within applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) permissible exposure limit (PEL) and American Conference of Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Values (TLV) limits.
For more information on Lincoln Electric Automation or the portfolio of welding fume control solutions, please contact The Lincoln Electric Company - Automation Division at (216) 383-2667 or e-mail at email@example.com. For more information, visit www.lincolnelectric.com/weld-fume-control.
The Lincoln Electric Company, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, fume extraction equipment and plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment. The company holds a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market.
Attn: Magazine Staff – Please send prospect lead inquiries only to Lincoln Electric c/o Ultimate Lead Systems, Inc., P.O. Box 739, Berea, OH 44017.