Activ8™ Semautomatic Wire Feeder
(click photo for high-res image)
– Designed for use in shipbuilding, offshore, construction or pipe welding operations, the Activ8™
portable wire feeder from Lincoln Electric
offers a modular design that is small enough to fit through ship manways and light enough to carry around the site.
The portable wire feeder is capable of feeding self-shielded FCAW or FCAW-G and GMAW (MIG) gas-shielded wires at 50-800 IPM (1.3 – 20.3 m/min). It will handle GMAW wires .023 - .052 in. (0.6 – 1.3 mm) in diameter and FCAW wires of .035 – 5/64 in. (0.9 – 2.0 mm) in diameter. The Activ8™ is rated at 330 amps at 60 percent duty cycle and weighs in at only 27 lbs. (12.2 kg).
Key features of Activ8™ include:
- Designed specifically for 8 in. (200 mm) spools
- Compatible with any DC CV and/or CC power source
- Simple controls include front WFS knob and internal booted Cold Feed and/ Gas Purges, Trigger Interlock and CV/CC switches
- Across-the-arc operation (voltage sensing) uses a sense lead and contactor to enable weld current
- Standard shielding gas apparatus can be used for FCAW-G and GMAW processes
- Tough plastic case, molded from high-impact, flame-retardant material, is durable and lightweight enough to withstand repeated drop testing
At the heart of the Activ8™ wire feeder is the MAXTRAC Drive System, which features:
- Dual gear-driven drive system to ensure positive feeding performance
- Patented wire drive with tool-less drive roller and wire guide changes for quick spool replacement
- Tachometer-controlled motor to power drive rolls for smooth, steady feeding without wire slippage
The Lincoln Electric Company, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, fume control systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market.
Attn: Magazine Staff — Please send prospect lead inquiries only to Lincoln Electric c/o Ultimate Lead Systems, Inc., P.O. 739 Berea, OH 44017 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
Pkg. # 627